September 12, 2008

A Bright, Sunshiny Day! :)

Last night I wrote about Emma's hard day. After we got through the tears and made dinner, she was doing better. :) We made Egg Salad- she loves to peel the eggs. :) She helped me do the dishes and we did homework. Then Emma wanted to take a walk outside. We live right next to some rodeo grounds and 5 baseball fields. There were people out riding horses and even a few baseball games going on. We stopped and watched one of the baseball games because Emma said she is a "BIG FAN" of baseball. Go fig...how did I not know this? :)

On the way back home, a little kid over at the rodeo grounds yelled Emma's name. It was pretty far away...I don't know how he knew it was her...but it turned out to be the sweetest little thing for me to witness. :) It was Lane, a little boy she went to preschool with 2 years in a row...the boy she has a huge crush on and told me last year that she hoped he would be in her class forever. :) She ran over to say hi to him and I watched as he climbed the gate and did some flips to show off for her. :) As she ran back to me, I had a big smile on my face and she said to me, "MOM, we're JUST FRIENDS!" :)

This morning, Emma told me, "Take a CHILL PILL, Mom!" :) I laughed and so she kept saying it over and over. :) Then she said, "That's your REAL laugh, Mom. I like your Real laugh." Hmmm....she surprises me every day. Apparently, she has heard my Fake laugh and doesn't like that one... :) Then she said, "Are chill pills real?"

I was able to run 7 miles on the treadmill this morning and had a nice meditation. I realize that life is too short to waste on things that won't matter in the end. I decided that while Emma is in school, I'm going to start studying Japanese and Spanish again. Maybe she isn't too old yet that I can teach Emma just by talking to her. :) She is already practicing phrases to impress her Japanese Uncles when they come to visit next month. :)

Peace and love to each of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment