January 26, 2008

The 11 minute mile.......


Just ran the St. George half marathon for the third time and it felt great!! Judy went ahead before we reached mile one- so first I wished I had brought my MP3 player, then was grateful for the time to think. :) A little over 2 hours later, I reached the finish line with an average of an 11 minute mile. It was a beautiful day and I thought about my little place in this big world. I will always be just an average person at my best- and I am OK with that. As long as life is filled with people and purpose, I am happy. :) I have come to believe that each person has a distinct purpose and place in the world- one that no one else could fill in quite the same way. Running a long race seems like a good life analogy. All the runners out there running a course at their own pace.....the ultimate goal is to finish the race. I guess there is a lot more between the lines in that analogy. :) I am grateful today for legs that carry me in the "race" every day, lungs to breathe and a heart that beats without me having to worry about it. I am also grateful for the warm sunshine that came out from behind the clouds at mile 7 and made the half marathon race a lot more comfortable. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment