Auntie Boo moved in the first week of the month. We started off by having a belated birthday party for her in the back yard. It was super windy, so most of the balloons flew away. :)
Then we got a surprise visit from a little red-haired girl who called herself "Emma Lee Telly from Teppolli". She has always loved to play this game that she is visiting from another land.
Oddly enough, Emma Lee had no idea where Emma had gone.....about an hour later, Emma threw off the wig and announced to us all that she had been joking the whole time! Boy, were we a bunch of suckers. :) She got a real kick out of it all. :)
It was so windy that we had to do the birthday cake blowing out of the candles in the garage. I told Auntie Boo that I hadn't put any trick candles on the cake....but I lied. :) We also made dutch oven cherry cobbler out of the fresh cherries Boo and I had spent the entire day pitting and bagging up. It was great! We must have missed a few pits....Cory got two or three in his cobbler....no one else found any. :) Emma said it was the best day ever because she had cobbler for dinner and chocolate cake for dessert!
Auntie's only request for her party was a pinata. She wacked that sucker good! If you enlarge the picture, you can see the candy flying everywhere. We looked over the fence and saw a few tootsie rolls on the neighbor's driveway. :) 
We had an all girls night out to see the preview of Annie at Tuacahn. We had front row seats (as always- cuz I'm spoiled now) and met Judy and Jozie before-hand for pizza.
It was a great production of Annie- the same version we had seen when Dad did it up in Nephi. The kids were wonderful and I even liked Miss Hannigan. It's hard to hold a candle to Carol Burnette since that's what I grew up watching, but this actress was pretty good.
As always, Emma got pictures and autographs after the show. She stayed awake for the entire thing...which I was surprised at since they started almost an hour late and we didn't get out of there until about 5 minutes to midnight. This little girl is in our ward- she played one of the orphans, so Emma thought it was pretty cool to see her after the show. :)I also started P90X this month. It's that thing you see on the infomercials. All the firefighters are into it right now. ha ha ha. So, it's supposed to be 90 days of workouts that will get you in great shape. I'm on day 20 right now- and I can really say that the workouts are fun and keep you interested. I'm pretty much sore in one major muscle group every single day- but it's a good hurt! :) I'm waiting for day 30 to measure myself again. There is no way I will post what my original measurements were, but I hope I can report some inches lost after 30 days of major tough workouts. :) What makes it better is that a lot of people at the station are doing it too- it always helps when you can work out with a partner or two. :) I was talking to Tim this morning about doing next year's triathalon.....I think it's great that we can stay in shape together as a team. I hope everyone will eventually want to join in! :)
Until next time, Namaste friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment