It seems that everyone has been asking me what "namaste" means in this past week. I believe when the universe calls attention to something like that, it's something I need to pay special attention to. 'Namaste' is a word I learned a few years ago when I started taking yoga. :) My yoga teacher would always end the class saying it while we sat in a sort-of prayer pose with hands together near the chest and head bowed. I asked her what it meant. She told me that it meant, "I bow to you" or "the light within me honors the light within you". She also taught us to bow to our inner self and respect our inner light. The word 'namaste' reminds me to bow or to show respect to each person I talk to even if I do not literally bow with my body.The past couple weeks has brought me a big opportunity to learn. What it comes down to is really just a couple of things. One: you never know what trials are coming at you, and you can't prepare for every situation before it happens. I learned this when one of my worst fears in this life was staring me straight in the face. With all I have been learning about love and peace and forgiveness, I found my inner self in termoil trying to decide how to deal with the anger and absolute fear I felt. During the first full day, it never occured to me that this specific trial had any purpose. I was consumed with fearful thoughts. Then my best friend reminded me to trust God. It was like a good hard smack in the face. :) Of course! Why hadn't I thought of that from the first moment? When I got on my knees and started to trust God in the midst of this trial, a lot of good things happened. :) I realized again that God never promised us that there would never be hurt, heartache or sorrow. I remembered that our perception is our reality. I decided that now is the time for me to become proactive in life...and the best way to teach my child to be happy and positive and loving is by example. Two: we really can't ever judge another human being and it is our responsibility to forgive and love.
I've been thinking about the love I feel for my child...how I would do anything in the world to protect her and help her and show her love. I would like to extend that feeling to everyone I meet...and there is the great challenge ahead!! Like any other good challenge, it will have to be taken on one minute at a time, with prayer and faith and a positive attitude. :)
Namaste friends :)
No comments:
Post a Comment