I've been studying natural healing. I believe that stress causes a multitude of problems with your physical body. Recently, the acne on my face took a nasty turn and my knees have started to hurt to the point that I feel like a very old woman who can't get up from a crouching position without wincing in pain. I looked into a book called, "You Can Heal Your Life" by Louise Hay. She suggests that acne comes from a negative self image. Funny enough, my Dad said the same thing when I talked to him a couple of weeks ago. Louise Hay says that acne is cured by telling yourself every day that you are beautiful. My Dad said a lady he knows was able to clear her acne by doing essentially the same thing. Now...looking in the mirror and saying to myself, "you are beautiful" seems like such an easy thing to do. It was actually so foreign to me that I couldn't bring myself to do it for about 3 days. I found it easier to accept when I said it like this: "you are a beautiful and loving person". Every time I look in the mirror, I try to say this...and the acne seems like less of a problem to me. It may be that I am seeing myself in a more loving way....and/or it may be that the acne is slowly leaving. I don't know yet. I'm going to keep trying.
As far as the knees, Lousie Hay says that your knees symbolize flexibility in your life. She says that knee pain comes from resisting change or being stubborn. I immediately asked myself, "what am I resisting?" The biggest thing I see is work problems. Instead of being flexible and helpful, I am being stubborn and very firm in my path. I have to believe that this stubborness is causing the terrible knee pain, because it seems to be relieved when I think positive and forgiving thoughts about the complainers at work...and worsen on days like today when I'm here at work and "can't escape" the complainers or ignore their phone calls. :)
This may sound crazy to some people...but I believe it is a truth that stress causes bodily harm, and I believe that once I can truly forgive and learn to deal with this set of stresses that the knee pain will go away.
So, now that I've put this out into public view...I'm going to make it my goal to not complain when I am at work, and to leave my work issues at the door. Instead of complaining, I will be helpful and enthusiastic in my work and realize that I will never measure up to "their" expectations. I will only answer phone calls from complainers when I am at work and being paid to listen to their compaints. When I hear a complaint, I will do my best to help fix the problem, if it is within my realm of possibilities. If it is not, I will pass it along to someone who can do it better....with a good attitude. :)
I can feel the pain leaving as my attitude gets better. :)
Namaste
2 comments:
Amen! Isn't amazing how much stress can affect so much of our lives. You always have such a good attitude about life though. Hey, I'm coming down the last week of December. I would love to get together with you. Let me know.
I have that book also =] my reflexologist uses it on me and Ben. It has done great things for Ben. ♥ you!
Post a Comment