April 27, 2013

All Grown Up??

I got a glimpse last night into what the future holds.  (Start the nostalgic violin music)  It's a life that I am mostly unfamiliar with...as an introvert and one that's happiest in the far background or sidelines. :)  

I was informed by my child, after a great opening-night performance of Alice in Wonderland Jr., that we would be taking her over to DQ for a cast party because EVERYBODY was going to be there.  :)  She was right...everyone was there.  I was then informed that we should sit somewhere else so she could sit with her friends.  As I looked around the crowded DQ dining room, I could see that we were not the only parents banished to the other side of the room.  I  had a brief memory of the moment I no longer wanted my friends to see me holding my mom's hand.  I had to smile to myself because I didn't really think that moment was coming this soon for me and my extremely outgoing offspring.  

To see the life-long friendships they are forming and the fun they were having singing through all the songs from the play was enough to make me feel that the long days and the hard work was worth it.  The pure joy and energy coming from this group of kids was magnetic.  
When I could no longer hold my eyes open, and had to break up the party, it was really neat for me to hear them all telling eachother "I love you" in their goodbyes. 
If this group of kids are representative of the adults that will be the decision makers and leaders of the future, then I am not afraid of what the future will be.  They are conscientious and kind.       

God bless our kids :)


No comments:

Post a Comment