...call it too few hours in the day for the amount of thinking or work that needs to be done. Call it what you like. I am feeling the need for a long hike. :) This is the week when all of the charter application should come together. The final 4 pieces should be completed before our board meeting on Thursday. There is literally nothing else I can do, but the stress is making me go to the cupboard and the refrigerator at least 10 times more than usual for comfort. Does this mean I am a nervous eater? :) I'd like to say I can find comfort in an apple slice or some chopped peppers.....but its the cheeze-its and the box of peanut butter crunch cereal that wins. Maybe I will feel better after an "insanity" workout today.
As a continuation from yesterday....I've gone to a lot of churches in these past couple years, grew up devout Mormon, and researched any religion I couldn't visit in person. They all (mostly) have that common belief in God, but then a person took his or her belief system and started a church. I believe there is a lot of truth out there among religions, but there is also so much of people's opinions. (Mine and yours included here) Even looking at one denomination, each pastor or leader will lead the group according to his or her unique belief system. Then each person within that denomination will take from the leader and choose their own way. It's probably pretty obvious that I am still learning, and maybe I'm not ready yet to accept some truth that's right in front of me. That's the way with life. :) What started my thought process here was when I found out that something I had believed was true for most of my life was really just some persons nice idea....true to them....true for everyone?? I guess we'll only know when we leave this earth. What makes the most sense to me today is this statement from the Dalai Lama: "My religion is love and kindness". As children of God, I believe we are always searching for Him in our own ways.....my search continues. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment