All of us sisters had our yearly get together at my house a couple weeks ago. We really wished our sisters-in-law could have made it down, and hopefully they will be able to next year. We stayed busy keeping the kids happy and not fighting. :) As always, they fought until the last day and cried when they had to leave each other. Hedge made us the best and most yummy dinners ever. I asked for her recipies, but I just don't think I'd be able to make anything like she did. Super great home made lasagna, tostadas, fried rice, egg rolls, etc. We went swimming SOMEWHERE just about every day and we had some really good girl talk. :)
Here are some pictures of our day at the lake.
We picked out our little spot on the beach and Boo spotted a folding beach chair someone had left in the water. The butt was ripped out of it, but it still worked for everyone to sit and sunbath in the shallow water. :)
Cory usually has a hard time getting a posed picture of me smiling. :) Right at the last second I usually pull a funny face....but he made me laugh this time and finally got one. He was pretty excited. :)
I think these might be dragonfly exoskeletons??? There were hundreds of them on the rocks and we saw quite a few swimming around in the lake. Apparently the swimmers itch flatworms were also out with us that day....Emma, Bubba and Boo all broke out in red non-itchy bumps all over their bodies. 
Cory in the broken lawn chair.....this is just before he fell in. :)


The kids gave Cory a mud bath. :D

I really don't know how they found us, but the fire crew on duty for the day saw us at the lake and decided to leave a gift of tying all the doors closed with kerlix. Very funny. I bet they laughed all day. :)
We did a lot of fun stuff that I didn't take pictures of like little hikes and shopping and lots of fun swimming. I love my sisters and I'm really glad we are able to get together fairly often to have fun. I don't think I'll ever get sick of telling and hearing the "ancient chinese secrets" from when we were growing up. :D
Namaste and Love
No comments:
Post a Comment