Yes, I'm back (ha ha ha) from the abyss that is called "writing a charter school application". I know that many times I said it was done....but the truth is that it wasn't done until I stopped reading, re-reading, editing and re-editing. It wasn't done until I created the final CD's yesterday and printed out the official copy and put it in the mail. I now vow not to open that file again until May 4, lest I discover yet another word that should have been edited and wasn't. :) May 4 is the day we will find out if our application has been accepted. I was told yesterday that, in our partnership with iSchool, we have people lobbying for us to be accepted for a school opening of next year....meaning 2011-2012 school year. If you are interested, take a look at iSchool, the partner who is going to help our school be very successful.
I need a new project. :)
Just kidding, Cory. My new project is, in part, wedding planning. Cory has been really patient since I said I would not be planning anything new until the charter application was turned in. :)
It's been so nice outside. Emma asks to have a lemonade stand pretty much every day. Here she is (below) on one of the days when I thought her sign was particularly funny. :)

She wrote the sign in the house....and started out with 25 cents per cup. Then she got outside and all her friends gathered around and she marked out 25 cents and put "free". She yells out, "Lemonade for sale" until people hear her. A surprising number of kids come to get her lemonade. 
Emma has also become such a good reader this year. I love that she loves to read. We went to the bookfair at her school a couple weeks ago and she picked out a chapter book...with no pictures!
No comments:
Post a Comment