April 8, 2010

April Fools :)

This year's April Fools was full of fun....as usual. :) Emma got spoiled rotten....as usual. :) Cory and I spent literally the whole day preparing for the big party. I have to say that I really am a lucky girl. He is so helpful and is really good at cooking and baking. When I get frustrated, he stays calm and can figure out a way to make it work. This came in handy when we were making the fake sushi. I quit after making 2 rolls....and he made it work nicely. You can see him above, whistling while he frosts the cupcakes. :)
Emma got to design her giant cupcake. She got a little carried away with the sprinkles....I loved how you could see the sprinkles flying in this picture. :)

We played "pin the booger on the nose". Everyone chewed a piece of green gum and stuck it on this pretty face Emma drew. I didn't think about how gross it was until we were in the middle of it. It was pretty gross....but very funny. :)
The remnants of the fake sushi....it was a hit with all the kids. :) Good job, Cory!!
All the kids ransacked the dress-up box and we took silly pictures.
My favorite part was the plan we made for Cory to pretend he ruined the birthday cake. :) We called all the kids over to sing Happy Birthday and Cory walked out holding the whipped cream cake. He pretended to trip over the sidewalk and fall into the grass, smashing his face into the cake. Emma threw a pretend fit that her cake had been destroyed....pounding the grass, as you can see above. :)
The kids didn't know at first wether to laugh or cry. :) Some laughed right away....and others believed Emma's convincing performance. :) You would think she has experience throwing fits or something. :)
This is just to show what a good sport Cory is. :) He smelled like a strawberry shortcake the rest of the day. :)
It was a fun time for everyone. Emma got so many gifts from family and friends....she wants to say thank you and she has plans to trick everyone next year!!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

How fun. Cute ideas. Happy Birthday Emma.

Meghan said...

That sounds way fun! I loved your guys's little april fools you did to me! It got me :)

Post a Comment