I know this picture doesn't exactly match the title, but this story happened while I was driving yesterday...and I couldn't take a picture. A posting without a picture seems empty to me, so I chose this one of Emma and the Jeep...because they were both with me in the fog. :)I got a text from DJ early Saturday morning asking if I could drive because of the weather. It was a nice clear morning where I was...so I asked if it was raining really hard over at his house or something. He responded that it was really foggy and hard to see. The last time I remember seeing fog in southern Utah was about 10 years ago when I worked for a car rental company and shuttled cars from one location to another.
So, I drove out of my work parking lot and up the hill...all clear. At the top of the hill was the most beautiful sight. I am amazed every day at the beauty of the world we live in. The mountains all around the city were skirted with low lying clouds, making them appear as if they were floating. In fact, the clouds covered everything except the tops of the mountains, making it look to me like I was on top of the clouds. I couldn't see any more of the cities or lakes...just clouds and the tops of the red and black mountains.
Then the road sloped down and I drove under the clouds. I could see the clouds floating above me like a low ceiling. Then I drove into the fog. It was so thick in most places that I could only see about one car's length in front of me. It reminded me of a story I often read with Emma where a little boy describes the fog being as thick as a milkshake. :) It seemed like a dream....with only the road in front of me, and all landmarks shrouded in mist. It really made me think of the road we take in life. I knew if I stayed on the road, it would lead me where I wanted to go. Sometimes things cloud my vision for one reason or another and I feel like I'm lost....kind-of like being in the fog.
Long story short....I made it to DJ's house, picked Emma up and we began our trek home. Emma didn't like the fog. My little back seat driver kept yelling to me that she couldn't see!!!! She said she wished fog had never been invented. :D I asked her if it kind-of looked like we were in a dream- and she said- " this isn't a dream! watch the road!" :D I love that kid. :)
By the time we got home, our whole city was filled with fog- and a beautiful misty rain. The rain has prompted my daffodils and strawberry plants to peek some new leaves out of the earth. I know it's still January....but spring comes early here....and I'm glad. :)
Namaste
No comments:
Post a Comment