Just because I put that warning on here, you men will want to read....but you'll probably stop when I say that this posting is all about that special time of month that only girls get to experience.
I thought so.
So, here I am...nearly 29 years old...and I'm just now starting to figure out my monthly cycle. I'm really serious about this. For all these years, it's been little more than a slight bother...and I haven't given it much thought. I have really been trying to understand myself in the past few months, and so I have been compelled to notice the changes that occur due to monthly hormones. I want to understand this and recognize it so I don't allow hormones to rule me. :)
Here are my observations.....and feel free to laugh because they are funny to me. :) About two weeks before my period, I begin to crave my alone time. I am less social and more prone to lose myself in the garden or in a book. Then comes the part that leaves all-too-soon...my boobs actually gather some shape as opposed to their normally droopy and saggy deflated balloon look. I start to feel fat...you know that feeling? That voice in your head that says...."ooo, you're fat"...even though your clothes all fit. I don't have a scale in my house because I would be obsessed with the actual number instead of how I feel. :) ha ha.
About one week before my period, my face starts to clear up somewhat....not "no pimples" just "less pimples". During this week, I am usually WAY overemotional....no matter which emotion it involves. I cry, I laugh, I overthink things and worry about too much.
Then, the joyful day my period starts, I am always grateful. Grateful for modern conveniences of sanitary napkins, clean bathrooms and Ibuprofen. Grateful that my body works like it should.
I feel great for two weeks, then the process starts over again. :)
Namaste girls :)
2 comments:
Ok so I totally started thinking about Friday night when we were talking about this! I thought about the story with Greg! maaa haa!
I still suffer with this but now my cycle is about 5 weeks long instead of 4. Blah. That means that 'overemotional' time lasts a week longer! I also ewat more during this time. The difference is I always feel fat. Love you Mikey
Post a Comment