May 8, 2009

The Best Day Ever :)

I can't help but say that every day is the best day ever! No matter what the circumstances, we are so blessed. :) Emma and I have really enjoyed this week together. She hasn't had school because of the end of year testing that's going on right now....so we've been out playing every day. The weather has been great and we've been enjoying having the top off the jeep!
Emma is getting better every time at horseback riding. :) She wants to get one someday....when we have room for a horse. :) We went to a petting zoo yesterday that had a miniature horse just about the right size for her and she wanted me to buy it....until she saw the donkey. As soon as he saw us holding carrots, he started to cry. It literally sounded like he was crying...then he started to hee haw....but it sounded more like "haaa, haaa, haaaa". I wish I could have caught that on video.
This is how I usually see Emma these days...with her finger in her tooth hole. :) We also went out, by Emma's request, to see the ghost-town near here yesterday. We peeked in all the houses and she really wanted to see the graveyard. We walked up to every grave and she wanted to know all their names and how they died. It actually took a lot of convincing on my part to satisfy her that Joseph Smith wasn't buried in that cemetary.

So, I've passed some milestones in this journey that I feel really happy about. My and DJ's wedding anniversary was last week. It would have been 8 years. We've been divorced 6 months. I try to live in the present, not worrying about the future...so I hadn't anticipated how I would feel on that day. It was a surprisingly spiritually open day for me. Occasionaly I have felt twinges of jealousy over new people he was dating...or sadness over the loss of the relationship or the failure of the marriage. I can't say I'll never feel those feelings again....but I kind-of felt like those feelings were set free for me last week. Also, the fear of having another close relationship for me is not a worry anymore. I know...I feel that God has taken away my fear and left only love. I feel really blessed with the lessons God has shown me over the past year. I feel grateful to have a job that I love that pays the bills and allows me to live in a home and feed and clothe myself and my child. I feel grateful to be surrounded by love from so many sources. Thank you, God, for today.

Namaste friends. :)

2 comments:

Heather said...

I'm so glad you had a good experience on that day. I wondered about you and worried that it might be hard for you. I'm happy things are getting so much better!

The Childs said...

Always good to read your posts. They help keep me in line. I have been thinking about you a lot lately. With the struggles we are going through I am reminded of you and your past year. Thanks for the inspiration and the desire to keep going.

Post a Comment