I was too busy at work to write about Mother's Day yesterday....so here are my thoughts a day late. :) I am so grateful to be a Mommy. I am grateful to get up every morning with a little one to take care of. I am always thankful for some time to myself in the mornings...but I am also thankful that I get to watch her cute little face sleeping and that the first words out of her mouth in the morning is "Mom! Where are you? I want you!" Or, if I'm still asleep, it's: "Mom! Rise and shine! What's for breakfast?" I'm grateful that I get to be a part of her life and learn some lessons right along with her. I'm grateful for her strong personality, for her kindness and for her sense of humor. :) I'm grateful God allowed me to be a mother in this world.I'm also grateful for my mother, my step mother, my grandmas, aunts, sisters, cousins, friends and all the other mothers out there who set an example of love as we try to make it through each day. :) None of us are perfect...none of us are saints....but here we are setting out BRAVELY at the beginning of each new day to try again to do our very best. And, yes, we are BRAVE...though we may not see ourselves that way. Whether we are a mother bear or a mother mouse, we protect our young with our very lives. As women, we also have the instinct in our genes to care for those who were not born from us...but might as well have been.
I spent 5 hours at the pool with my little fish on Saturday. :) She didn't get out of the pool at all during that time, but I got out periodically to warm up or go pee. I'm sure she must have peed in the pool....oh well. :) As I was watching from the poolside with my warm towel wrapped around my shoulders, I noticed a little boy screaming. He looked about 10 years old. I glanced around for his mother and saw her standing at the edge of the pool telling him that he could do it! I kept watching...his only way of communication was through screams....and he was scared to go down the little kiddie water slide, but you could tell he also REALLY wanted to! He kept screaming and his mom kept telling him to go ahead and do it. My guess would put him at 4 years old mentally...after about 10 minutes of the screaming and mom standing on the edge of the pool, she finally took off her shoes, got in the pool, grabbed his little hand, took him up to the top of the slide and pushed him down (gently). :) She got to the bottom to see him come out and he gave her a big happy scream with two thumbs up. :) This cute mom threw her arms around him and said, "See! I knew you could do it!" I couldn't help but tear up as I watched all this. No matter what kind of experiences our kids go through, we as mothers are the cheerleaders and the ones they look to for encouragement. I admire every mother for her individual strengths and her best efforts to raise the next generation. The screams from this little boy didn't stop....but they were happy screams.
Emma asked Cory to help her make a mother's day gift. She pounded together several blocks of wood for me, and they made this picture together that I am going to hang on my wall. No gift could have been better than this. :) Cory also got me a great gift for mother's day- he installed a beautiful deep white kitchen sink for me with a new faucet that pulls out and sprays. I am so lucky. :)
So, I hope every mother enjoyed her mother's day. I know daddy's contribute and are equally as special....you will get your day next month. :) Namaste everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment