August 5, 2009

Good times make good memories :)

My computer died a few weeks ago and we had to buy a new one.  Hedge and Jason talked up the Mac notebook so much that I was compelled to buy it.  :)  I am glad I did.  After all the searching, this computer I am now typing this posting on is great and I got a good deal on it as well.  :)  I'm all about a good deal....it was about $100 less than most other comparable laptops, plus it came with a free printer and free IPod touch.  If you're interested, I believe you can still get the same deal on the Mac website.  :)  

I just finished recovering the files and pictures off the old computer....there are only a few things that I know are missing....so I'm counting myself lucky.  :)  In recovering pictures, I found this one of Emma's first Halloween.  Funny enough, she has decided she wants to be Eeyore again this year.  I've been saving up for a long time to take her to Disneyland again....and we made a deal that we could go if she completed her "reading lessons".  She should finish up right around Halloween, so I bought tickets for one of the Disneyland trick or treat party nights and we're going to dress up.  :)  I have no idea what I am going to be yet, although Emma has given me several interesting ideas, such as: donkey trainer, donkey, smurfette, a farm girl, winnie the pooh, piglet, etc.   Cory's costume is going to be a surprise....come back after Halloween to check out what we all decided on.  :) I'm grateful for Ebay and people who think ahead and buy patterns that get discontinued.  I was able to find an Eeyore costume pattern the same as the one I made her when she was one year old....but in a bigger size.  :)  I made it once before, but I'm sure it will still take me the whole 3 months to finish it.  Time well spent. :)  

Emma has grown up over the summer in so many different ways.  She has grown taller and has become much more talkative.  I swear she never stops talking from the moment her eyes open until the moment her eyes close.  She gets mad if anyone talks while she is talking.....and I think a lot of times she talks just to hear her voice.  Every single thought in her head comes out her cute little mouth.  :)  She has also learned to read a lot better.  She loves the fact that I can't trick her anymore.  I'm glad she can read....but it's a little different now that she can read the tv guide and  I can't fool her about what shows are on the tv.  :D  It usually goes like this: "Mom, tell me what shows are on".  I tell her which ones are on that I wouldn't mind her watching.  Then she says, "What about _____?"  I used to say, "That show isn't on right now".  Now she says, "Yes it is, Mom, doesn't that say_______?"  Dang it.  :)

One of my friends who got divorced just about the same week I did, I just found out, is getting married again.  I guess a lot of my friends are getting married again right now.  Seeing their excitement over new relationships and wedding plans makes me feel excited too, but not excited enough to take that leap this soon.  It's been less than a year since I filled out divorce papers.  My brain keeps going over all the things I heard in the class you have to take before the judge will sign your divorce papers......50% of first marriages end in divorce, 60% of second marriages, and 70% of third marriages.   I know that also means about 40% of second marriages make it, but I'm hoping I'm  not naive enough to jump into a marriage just because it feels good right now.  I think that if I had known what I know now, back when I was contemplating marriage the first time, I may not have been so quick to make the decision at that time either.  I know now that every relationship is going to have its good times and bad times, and I know that if I get married again, I want it to be something we're both going to want to be in for the "long haul".  Every new relationship feels wonderful and special and like nothing could ever go wrong with it.  At the exicting beginning, when hormones are effecting a lot of your decisions, it is very easy to think that marriage is just the natural next step- especially in this culture we live in.   I don't want to sound like I am against marriage...I'm not.  I would like to be married again some day.   I don't know what changes happy relationships into unhappy ones once the knot is tied.  I guess my only point to this very long paragraph is that I am not ready to get married.  I am very happy with things just exactly the way they are....and I don't see a reason to change a good thing.  I wish nothing but good for my friends who are choosing to get married right now...I suppose I'm just looking at things from my perspective and putting my feelings down on internet space.  I'm not right or wrong....just a human with a perspective that changes with time and experiences.  I'm grateful for love in all its forms.  I'm grateful for forgiveness and peace.  I'm grateful for all the relationships that I have and that I have a chance to witness.  I'm grateful for my relationship with Cory, and all we are learning together.  True friendships last forever....at least that's what I'm betting on.  

Namaste

1 comment:

Awesome LaTerry said...

I love reading about Emma and how she is growing up :)

Post a Comment