August 13, 2009

The long drive....with Annie.

We set off to go sightseeing and find a nice little hike early-ish one morning.  We ended up taking an extremely long drive and seeing some beautiful sights and listening to Annie so many times that my head was spinning.  When we stopped for lunch at a small lake, we sat down amongst the lava rock to eat our grapes and carrots and chips.  A chipmunk decided to join us.  He popped out of a hole in the ground, wasn't shy at all, and had lunch with us.  He took a carrot and ate it like we eat corn on the cob.  I don't know why it's so cute to watch little animals eat, but it was just precious beyond belief to watch this little guy come grab a treat with his little paws and munch it right next to us.  
If you didn't know, Emma is VERY into musicals.  We have been to see Annie and Annie get your gun this summer.  She loved them both so much that she begged me to buy the soundtracks.  I found them both on Ebay for a steal and Emma then begged me to check the mail twice a day until the CD's came.  :)  She has been listening to them non-stop.  Her favorite Annie song is "Dumb Dog".  And her favorite AGYG song is "Anything you can do, I can do better".  She informed me on our outing the other day that she didn't want to try out to be Annie anymore.  She wanted to be Pepper because she thinks she has the right attitude for it.  Yes, she used those words.  :)  
The end of our drive this day took us throught the east side of Zion.  We don't get over there very much since it's through the long tunnel and there aren't many hikes on that side, but it is beautiful.  :)  I got de ja vu as we drove through this time.  I had a dream about some of the very turns we took on that road, except my dream was in the dark and I was driving with different people.  In my dream, we crashed on that road and landed in the river.  I hope that one never comes true.  :)  
Auntie is leaving us this week to go back to school and we will miss her.  :)  It's so nice to have beautiful wonderful sisters.  I appreciate all my sisters so much and I'm glad Boo spent the summer with us.  She has been helpful in every way and I enjoy our philosophical talks.  :)  Thank you, Boo, for ISH and SLASH.  :) 

1 comment:

Awesome LaTerry said...

Yay for tiny little animals being cute!

Post a Comment