Still...I know that "old" is relative, and I don't feel old. :)
Emma's first day of school was yesterday. I'm so glad that she is excited to go. The summer got her in the habit of staying up late watching movies and getting up around 9. These first couple days, she has been so excited that it wasn't hard to get her out of bed...but we will need to start some new bedtime habits. :) The highlights of her first school day were (as she told me): the boy she had a crush on in Kindergarden is in her class and he sits right by her, she made 3 new friends, she gets to have 3 recesses, no homework until next week, and she gets to eat lunch with the big kids in the lunchroom. :) She asked me to pack her a lunch yesterday and was quick to tell me after school that she will be buying "school lunch" from now on because "you get a tray and chocolate milk" and she was mad because they had chicken and she had to eat a sandwich. :) She also told me about this great idea her teacher has of "Telly the Teddy Bear Box". If you have something you want to taddle on someone for, you write it down and stick it in the box and the teacher will read them at the end of the day. :) I asked and she didn't put anything in the box yet because no one was being mean yesterday. :)
Now what to do with all this free time on my hands.......I've applied for nursing school and hope to hear back in a week or so. I can go for some long runs, watch whatever shows I want and spend as much time in the garden as I want. :) I have a lot of sewing projects I want to do and maybe I'll learn how to cook something that doesn't come from a box. Wait...Cory cooks so well that I don't really have to worry about that one. :) Ah, free time. I love it. :)
1 comment:
I'm jealous of your free time!
Post a Comment