So far, this vacation has been everything I needed it to be....fun, relaxing, inspiring, educational, and free from any thoughts about work. :) You know I love my job...but everyone needs a break and it's been nice to leave all thoughts of work at work for 2 weeks in the very capable hands of those who aren't on vacation. :) I'll talk about this in several parts over the next week or so since there is a lot to talk about. I have scheduled a block of time for blogging, but there is also ample time scheduled for relaxing, reading, and general tom-foolery. :)
Our vacation started last Friday with a short trip up north to visit family and friends...plus scout out a place that might be nice for the wedding next year. We succeeded in both of our endeavors. :) Found a very nice spot for the actual ceremony, suggested by Cory's friend, that we never would have found otherwise, in a beautiful little canyon near dad's house. In the summer, when we start making invites, you'll get to find out where. Had fun, as always, visiting with the fam....missed seeing a few, but we'll be up again for Thanksgiving. :) There was a lot of driving involved....here is Emma listening to her Ipod. Along the way, we stopped in a tiny little town where they have a nice art museum. They have the bones of an ancient mastedon found near there in a swamp, as well as a lot of cool rocks and other art and history from the town. Cory had given Emma a rock full of little fossils that he found when he was out on a fire just a couple days before. When Emma saw all the rocks on display, she insisted on giving the rock to the museum. They had her fill out a little paper saying she was gifting the rock to the museum, and she understood she couldn't take it back. She now wants to start her own rock shop in our garage and charge admission. :)
We hurried back home to pack and get a little sleep before heading out the next morning to the airport. Emma has been talking for months about going to see my childhood. I think it was everything she dreamed it would be. :)
Grandma and Odell picked us up from the airport and the fun began immediately. :) Mom has some pictures to send me that I can add later.....but we went first to a pizza buffet where the entertainment was a 10 year old Elvis impersonator. He was extraordinary and Emma was very impressed! :) In the same pizza joint was a huge arcade- Emma wanted to race Cory around the race track. Emma and I teamed up and won the race- she even has a ribbon that says first place....and when you see the video, it's obvious that Cory made a valiant effort to win, but me and Emma were just too fast. :) The above picture is of Emma playing the frog flute at Grandma's house. It has holes in the top for your fingers, and you blow in the butt. Emma said, "This is my kind of flute!" She loves bathroom jokes, just like her mother. :) She played that thing all week, gave us all headaches, and actually learned to play a couple of recognizable songs by the time we left. :) I will definitely buy her one of those if we come across one someday. :)
Here we all are at a cute little tea shop called Honey Heaven. I happened to find it as I was searching on the internet for fun things to do. It was just around the corner from mom's house. It's actually a shop that makes honey...you can have lunch there and they will also give you a tour of a little bee hive and teach you about how they make the honey. I learned a lot there....before that day, I did not know that: honey tastes different depending on the flowers the bees get the pollen from, bees live from 1 to 7 years, people actually use bee stings as a therapy, and raw honey made in your own area will actually help with your allergies. :) We tried lots of different kinds of honey- and it was all VERY good. :) Our lunch was served with popcorn that you could dip in honey.
This is one of my favorite pictures of the trip. :) The weather was beautiful and it seems that Emma was just enjoying the wind blowing through her hair. :)
Much more to come! Namaste good friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment