
I was reading the front page of blogspot and their definition of a blog yesterday. I've been thinking I had to come up with something meaningful to say every time I wrote.....but I guess I am allowed to use this as an online journal. :) I smile because you may see something meaningful- or you may be surprised to find what you could learn about me from a daily "journal" entry. :) Meaningful being "meaningful to me"......not necessarily or even remotely meaningful to you or anyone else. :)
Today, I'd like to talk about loving life for what it is. :) Emma and I had the best day yesterday doing just normal things. Normal life is good life. :) So, here it is.......if you are easily bored, you can stop reading now.
Judy and I ran 6 miles through the fields of the city- we run this course quit
e often, but today came across something we usually don't.....a big sheepdog! It ran at us like we were intruding on his territory, barking and looking pretty big. If he wasn't barking, I would have mistaken him (or her) for a small horse. Hey...it was dark and the dog was big and white. He retreated back into the field and we noticed his flock of sheep back aways from the road. Good dog- just doing his job. Other times on this route, Judy and I have had to dodge wild bunnies, owls, horses, cows, snakes, and frogs. Oh- you think I'm kidding about the frogs. :) Yes, frogs live in the desert and yes, they are suicidal. :) (Two questions I know you were all asking yourselves)
Wow, this is getting long.
When I got home, Emma was already awake- so our day began early. I noticed my bangs were getting too long, so we went to get them cut and then went to Costco. Emma wanted to go to "the store with the water fountain". She wanted me to check every store in St. George that has a water fountain in front of it, or in it- and she would tell me if I had chosen correctly. Apparently, Costco was not the right choice- but we went in anyway. Emma found a new spring play dress she liked- she held it up to her chest as we walked around the rest of the store because she loved to hear the other shoppers comment on how cute she was and how beautiful her new dress was. :) We bought "The King and I", "South Pacific", and "West Side Story". :) At lunch I told her she had to eat all her lunch if she wanted to go get an ice cream cone. She got a slushy drink with her burrito that she said was "better than ice cream", so she didn't have to eat all her lunch. We spent the rest of the night watching her new musicals.
Ahhhh.....life.
2 comments:
It's so nice when you can just enjoy the little things, huh? I realize I need to start doing that in order to be happy. After all, I chose this life, right? I need to make the most of it or I'll end up regretting it!
YAY for normality :) And very good choice on musicals I adore South Pacific and the King and I - I haven't actually sat and watched all of West Side Story but I definately like Natalie Wood.
Love and Kisses for my 2 lovely ladies!
Post a Comment