February 28, 2008

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Yes, I did it. I jumped out of an airplane!!! It was everything I thought it would be and a lot different than I thought it would be. :) The instructor I jumped with made it easy to understand and he was so enthusiastic that it was hard not to be just as excited! We sat on the floor of a little two seater airplane that has been converted just for their skydiving business. The pilot has a seat and the jumpers sit on the floor in what probably used to be the cargo area. The ride up to 14,000 ft was beautiful! You can litterally see for MILES around- the view was incredible! The only moment of fear I had was scooting from the back of the plane to sit by the door. I knew at that point I wasn't getting out of this. :) When he opened the door and I looked out, the fear left....I stuck my feet out and we just floated away from the airplane. :) I didn't even FEEL like I was falling- I was just enjoying the view and trying to breathe and it was over too fast. The ride down with the parachute was amazing. I am definately doing this again!!

I appreciated the support of those who came to watch me fall from the sky! Emma kept asking me, "what if you don't come down?" I told her I'd make it back down for sure. :) Thank you to my paramedic partners Jason, Chad and Chief Merlin; the fire crew, Deward and Greg; Judy, Josie, Emma, DJ and Jeff for being there to see me land. :) From what I heard, Deward was making high dollar bets on where we would land :) --and they were all wondering WHEN the parachute would open. :)

Thank you to all of you who sent kind wishes and beautiful gifts. :) I truly love you all!

My birthday was fun- Judy, Mandy and I ran a wonderful 8 miles down the Laverkin canyon to start the day! Then I was able to eat my favorite breakfast of crispy hash browns and green tea for breakfast, followed by watching Scrubs and laughing while I got mentally prepared for the jump. :) Judy was kind enough to pick Emma up from school and bring her over to the jump site just as we were getting in the plane. :) To finish a wonderful day, we all went out for sushi! It couldn't have been a better day- thank you to every one of you for making it extraordinary!!! :)

4 comments:

It's Not Perfect said...

I love watching you do it but it ain't gonna be me! lol. However, Dean says he would like to. :) Glad you had a GREAT birthday!

All our love

King Arthur said...

Oh man!!! That's SOO exciting! I'm going for my birthday in May, if you'd like to again that soon!! I'll be 30 and I am stoked!

Happy birthday darling!

Ryan

King Arthur said...

alright, I commented before the video was working...

I just watched it...

Oh MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I felt like up was up there with ya! I smiled and laughed and got nervous and felt a rush! That was so amazing!!!

Reba said...

That was so great! You are amazing. I would have loved to have been there to see it first hand. How are you ever going to top that birthday? ly

Post a Comment