September 8, 2009

One costume down.....

As you may have read in past postings, we are going to visit Disneyland this year on one of the Trick or Treat days.  Emma wanted to be Eeyore again...and I am going to be her donkey trainer.  I figured that I made this costume once and I could do it again.  :)
WTH?  I do not understand the lingo of pattern makers....and the pictures are even more confusing.  I litterally ended up sewing the back of the costume upside down to the front side, sewed the facing onto the collar, and THEN noticed that something was wrong.  Yep.  
I felt lucky, when it came to the sleeves, that my mom had taught me a trick on how to pull elastic through a sleeve hole.  It doesn't tell you this trick in the pattern and I would have struggled for hours.  

The whole process took about a month....maybe 12 hours of actual "work".  I enjoyed making this costume for my little baby.  We even made the tail detachable with velcro for fun.  The best part.....learning what a "zipper foot" is and how to use it.  :)  The worst part....ripping the seams out of the nearly finished costume.  :)  The luckiest part.....that I caught my mistake before I sewed the thing closed.  :)  
She is going to be a cute little donkey when we get to Disneyland.  :)  I can't wait!!  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool! You finished that fast!

Post a Comment