September 9, 2009

You may want to look up in the sky while you're walking today....

because there is a good chance of pigs flying. :)


Yes, pigs will be flying around because....contrary to what I had said about ever getting married again, Cory asked me and I said yes.  When I got divorced last year, I figured I never wanted to get married again....and I wanted to prove to myself that I could make it on my own.  Now I know that I can make it on my own...so that fear is conquered.  Cory is my best friend and we spend every waking moment together when we're not both working....until I kick him out at 8pm.  :) I have also learned a lot this year about relationships.  I don't have the teenage perceptions of marriage now that I think I must have had when I got married the first time.  I realize there will be hard times and times we don't agree and times when I'll have to do things I just don't want to do for the sake of the relationship.  Also....Cory has already figured out the hardest thing of all...that I am the boss.  :)  So, we're off to a good start.  HA HA HA HA HA.  Seriously though...the day he asked me, we were in the grocery store looking at the watermelons and an old man wheeled up in his grocery cart/wheelchair and told us a bunch of jokes.  Just before his wife wheeled him away, he said to Cory, "you know she's the boss, right?" Cory answered that he did, and the old man said, "good, then you'll be happy all your life."  :)  

So, here's how it happened.  :)  Cory and I had the day off of work, so we had planned to do some yard work and maybe go for a hike.  I dropped Emma off at school and we repotted some plants.  We had decided to go to Brick Oven for lunch and I noticed that every time I looked over at Cory, his eyebrows were quiverring.  :)  So, I asked him if he was feeling alright.  :)  He asked why and I told him because his eyebrows were shaking.  :)  He just laughed.  We had some good pizza and cheese bread at Brick Oven.  We sat right across from all the cast of "Aida" from Tuacahn.  They were all in their street clothes, but for some reason, the little girl who plays Annie was there in her Annie costume complete with wig and red bow in her hair.  ???? Anyways, when we got home, Cory got a note out of his pocket and read to me his feelings and a sweet little poem and asked me to marry him.  I said yes.  He pulled the ring out (pictured above) and here we are.  :)  The flower petals are turquoise.  It fits our relationship perfectly since Cory gives me a flower every day...sometimes more than one flower a day.  :)

Plans are for a big shindig party next year in October....details to be decided.  

When I picked Emma up from school, Cory asked her if it would be okay with her if we got married.  I showed her the ring.  She got a huge smile on her toothless face and said, "How can I smile any bigger?"  That was answer enough for us.  :)  She is excited and has a bunch of great ideas for the wedding/party.  Firstly, she wants to build a stage and have her own comedy show as part of the entertainment.  Next, she wants to be the flower girl.  Every day she has another good idea, and I'm sure we'll end up doing almost all of them.  :)

Life is a journey and I thank God every day for the ride.  
Namaste

9 comments:

Heather said...

I can't wait for the comedy show!!! Yay!

Anonymous said...

Alisha that was wonderful and sweet :) Thanks for sharing that :) :) :)

The Childs said...

Wow! I am speechless. I am excited for you though. I'm glad you were able to find happiness alone and with someone again! We really want to know if you kick him out at 8 :) Congrats!

Awesome LaTerry said...

I was reading this and I was all happy with a big smile on my face, and then I read that it will be next year. Next year!? I'll be in Norway or some other random foriegn country on a mission by then. You'll need a cardboard cut-out of my head for someone to carry around.

Heidi said...

Alisha congrats! That's awesome!

Reba said...

Congrats Alisha! Im so happy for you, Cory and Emma!! Cant wait to meet your best friend!

Meghan said...

Oh man Lish! That was so cute! I love love it:) you guys are pretty much amazing together :)

It's Not Perfect said...

=]...I officially have to meet this guy now. And I would love to chat with you but not here in the open ;]..I've been waiting for this and am sooo glad that I am only 1 day late in reading it! CONGRATULATIONS you two...Cory you got the best but I know you already know that. Namaste

Anonymous said...

Congrats guys!! I am so excited for you!!

Post a Comment