April 16, 2008

April 16...a modge podge

Emma took this picture of her dog, "Stuffy". If you read back when she got her shots, this is the stuffed dog she picked out as a prize. :)
DJ and Emma reading a book together. I thought this was cute because this doesn't happen all that often, and it looks sweet how Emma is all snuggled up on her Dad's chest. :)

We've had high winds here today, so we've spent all day inside. Emma and I have just been doing what we always do when it's an 'inside day'. Emma helped me do the laundry so she could earn a treat. She picked her own treat out of the cookie/candy jar, but I guess she didn't like it because I found the wrapper and most of the candy in the garbage a little later. :) (It was Runts) ha ha. We found a pretty large spider web while we were cleaning out the closet. As long as they aren't a Black Widow or Brown Recluse, I usually just take them outside or live out their short lives in peace. I know it seems cruel, but a spider that has the potential to hurt me will be instantly squashed. If the worst it's gonna do is crawl across my big toe, it deserves to live. :) It wasn't in it's web...so Emma told me she would call to it in spider language. I wish you all could see her interpretation of spider language......well, the spider didn't answer, so we vacuumed up the web.
Emma put on a puppet show for me and we played hide and seek. Good times. Good times. :)

A good friend called today- it's really good to hear from friends, but I have to confess that while I love when friends call me, I am not the kind of friend that calls people. This is my "I'm Sorry!!!" to friends who wonder why I never call. Talking on the phone is not one of those things I'm good at. If you look at my phone bill, most of my phone calls are 2 minutes or less. :) I'm glad there are people who will call me though. :) Like the BOO- she loves to talk on the phone and can spend a pretty decent amount of time chatting with just about anyone. :) Talking in PERSON, I love to do. I like to see people's faces, expressions, gestures.....:) So, back to the point. I was really glad my friend called today- she reminded me that we all have struggles, but we're all doing our best to get through them. On the outside, it's so easy to think people have this easy and wonderful life. :) Little do we know that they struggle just like we do. I think it's pretty important to realize that. Otherwise we end up judging people as being stuck up when they are probably hurting instead. hmmm....



2 comments:

King Arthur said...

Dearest friend! I just saw a couple things you're grateful for...Tute, luf, true friends and prayer. I too am thankful for those things! You're so great.

I love seeing Emma grow up through your blog. Stuffy's cute too...if you could encourage Emma to get more pics of that "The Cheat" looking little puppy, I would be much obliged!

Hey, we're trying to go to Powell over Memorial Day weekend...if you guys are interested...hehe, lemme know!

LUF YA!

Ryan

Heather said...

It's so funny you mention the phone thing, because I used to try to call you to talk on the phone!! :) But I learned that you don't like to say much on the phone, so I reserve all my stories and things for you for when I see you! :) It's okay, though, I just recently started to like talking on the phone with people. I still don't like to answer the phone, though!

Post a Comment