.....the nursery that grows plants. I arrived at 8:55 and the parking lot was full. That was enough for me to assume they were open. Oh- and the front gate was open too. I walked in and no one was there but me. :) I walked back out and saw the sign that said they open at 9:00. Whoops. Oh, well. I guess when I walked in, everyone else took it as a cue and suddenly all the aisles were jammed with people picking out seed packets and little tomato plants. :) The wind hasn't stopped for a couple weeks- and today it was blowing about 20mph as I tried to put the plants in their new homes. It was nice and warm outside and I think I got about a shovel full of dirt in my hair, ears, eyes and nose. :)
Last year the Boo and I worked hard to get the dirt mixed well for this garden. We did tomatoes, peppers, watermelon and threw in an old potato we found under the sink. A pumpkin plant popped up by itself. The all grew well except we got no tomatoes from the huge beautiful plants.....the watermelon all cracked.....the one pumpkin we didn't even plant took over the garden. :) I think there were 20 or more pumpkins we took off that one vine.
So, this year I'm trying tomatoes again- 3 different kinds to see which will end up growing the best. Peppers, normal ones and hot ones. :) Squash, watermelon, onions and corn. The strawberries are making a comeback. I can't wait to see if they really grow as big as a peach.
The dogs were sad when we put up the fence. Since they ruined the garden by digging big holes in it last year, it was only fair. They will live and I will be a lot less stressed this way. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment