Emma's musical party- they all came dressed like their favorite musical character. Most came as Hannah Montana.....which, BTW, did you all hear she is coming to Stadium of Fire? We can't wait. :) This might be the first year they sell out on the first day. :) They each made their own pizzas, broke the pinata, and had root beer floats. Good times for the kids.
All the kids got a microphone for a party favor. Emma is singing along to her favorite Hannah Montana song, "DON'T LET ANYONE tell you that YOOOUR NOT STRONG ENOUGH!" It's the kind of microphone that echoes inside....I LOVE those. :) Thanks to Tammy for doing Emma's hair just like Tracy Turnblad. :)
The cake.....I asked Emma what kind of cake she wanted for her birthday. She said she wanted a cheesecake. OK. I can do that. The grocery store MAKES cheesecake. :) Then she said she wanted all of the characters from her favorite musicals to be on top of the cake holding hands in a circle. OK. NO. I am just not that talented. This is what I came up with. Ha ha ha haha ha ha ha ha. :) If you'll notice....Zac Efron is featured in three different pictures. Yes, she has a crush on him...what little girl doesn't? Also, I KNOW Drake and Josh are not in a musical....but she insisted. If you want to get all technical, Drake DOES play the guitar. Here's Emma taking her turn at the pinata.
So, it's been a really fun April Fools Day for me. :) DJ will never admit to it if anyone asks, so I'll just laugh to myself and share with all of you the harmless jokes I played on him. I set all the clocks in the house ahead before I went to bed. He JUMPED out of bed and scurried around the house checking all the clocks- he thought he was late until he checked his cell phone. Dang it. I giggled a little at that one. Then, when he got in the shower, I ran outside and poured glitter in the air vents in his truck....then turned the air to max. As soon as he shut the door, I ran to the window to watch as he turned his truck on. It was so funny to see the look on his face- I laughed for about 20 minutes. In fact, I've been giggling about it all day. Ya, I'm easily amused. :) He says he has been asking around all day trying to find something to get me back.....but April Fools will be over in just 45 minutes. Guess he'll have to wait until next year.
Emma got blue milk for breakfast and didn't even notice. The only good trick on her today was giving her an empty gift bag to open at her party. :) She took it well. One kid that came to the party had two gifts tied together. The one on top was a box of rocks. The other one was a stuffed animal. I thought the box of rocks was a nice heartfelt gift from a kid, ya know, how kids gather pretty rocks? She never said anything- and when her mom came to get her, Boo said how cute the box of rocks was. The girl's mom said she had wanted to do it as an April Fools joke, but I guess was too shy to say so in the midst of 7 little girls. :) When Boo told me that we had a good chuckle. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment