March 31, 2008

Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder....

I have the most beautiful child in the world. :) Every mother thinks that of their child, and every mother is right. :) My child is a little piece of me and of DJ and of all those who came before us. As I look at her angelic sleeping face, I can see my face and DJ's face. Even the things I hate about my face, I love in hers. I still can't figure out how she got those dimples, but she popped out my belly with them. :)

We were plant shopping the other day. I usually don't take DJ shopping with me because he tires easily and starts to whine. :) He came plant shopping....so as I picked up a pomegranate tree to take home, he kept telling me how ugly it was and how it would be such a mess in the yard. As I listened to his rant, the only thing I could think is that beauty is relative....ugly is relative.... We see what we choose to see. What makes a thing or a person ugly or beautiful to me? I think it is the association with positive or negative emotions. I remember dating a guy in college that I wasn't attracted to at first....we became such good friends that he became "beautiful" to me. Same in the opposite way. People, places or things.....all nouns......beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

BTW....I took the pomegranate tree home and it is planted in its happy home on the waterfall. :)

1 comment:

Amber and fam said...

You do have ONE of the most beautiful children in the world. :o) Emma is gorgeous, I've always thought that! She is a poster child. I was told I had a Gerber baby today. And an Institute teacher walked by Josh (who had to take Asher to class that day) a little while ago and said "You need to keep that recipe!" You can't get enough of hearing that your child is beautiful! And Alisha, yours truly is!

Post a Comment