March 16, 2008

The Details.....

This is a picture I took on a recent hike down the Virgin River. I don't know if it's a dragonfly or some other kind of fly. :) It was so tiny and delicate, resting on a little branch above the water. If you click on the picture, you may be able to see the detail of it's wings- simply amazing!

I was just reading Lisa's blog about her dream and it made me think about the dreams I have. :) I don't remember many of the dreams I have....in fact, I had one dream about 5 years ago where an old college teacher was talking to me. He said there were only three things I would need to remember in life. Of course, when I woke up, I couldn't recall what those three things were. :) And such is life. ha ha ha. Sure hope it wasn't really important. :) All of the dreams that I remember include taking a tour through a building of some kind.....usually a house, but it could be any kind of building. Some of the buildings, I have been to before- and they include the rooms I know of- and many rooms that have been added by my mind, secret rooms, hidden rooms, rooms that are much too big to fit in the real house. I've had many dreams of my parents house, which used to be my grandparents house for many years when I was a kid. As a kid I remember the aunts and uncles and cousins telling stories of the house being haunted. :) It seemed so mysterious- I thought as a kid that there were hidden rooms in the house. Of course, now I know there aren't.... :) but I think that may have fueled some of my dreams of that house. One dream I remember included a room in place of where Bubba's room is right now- it opened up into a large circular auditorium with a grand piano in the middle. Some of the buildings I visit in my dreams are places that I have never seen before, and actually end up visiting in real life sometime in the future. Like dejavu. Some are places that I am sure aren't real, but the details of the house or building are so distinct in my dream that it seems that they are. :) I also used to have lots of dreams about jumping high in the air and having that feeling of falling in my stomach as I came down. That is how I imagined jumping out of a plane would feel....but I was surprised when it didn't feel that way at all. :)

I've been sad this week thinking of the trust that sometimes is lost between two people for various reasons. Depending upon our expectations of each other, trust can be lost over words or actions, intentional or unintentional, done in secret or done openly without consideration for the other person's feelings. This has all confirmed in my mind that expectations are not a good thing in our very human world. It has also confirmed the thoughts that love is different than and completely seperate from trust. Losing trust doesn't have to mean losing love. I can love a person and not trust that person. This is a new concept to me....so I am still learning it and meditating on it. I guess this means that relationships don't have to end over a lack of trust, because you can still love the person. Conversely, relationships don't have to end over a lack of love, because you might still trust the person. Not brought into consideration here is respect. Can you have love OR trust without respect? Can you have respect without love or trust?

No comments:

Post a Comment