Anyone who has driven between here and there knows about the snowy pass between Beaver and Fillmore. :)
It was like driving from the spring back into the winter. Just past Beaver, the mountains started to look misty. Then, in the bright sunshine, little flurries of snow were blowing around. All of the sudden, I was in a blizzard and could see nothing but white around me. :) I noticed that if I focused on the snow flakes, it was hard to see the road. If I looked past the snow flakes and focused on the road, my progress down the highway was not slowed at all. That made me think of my progress in life. Focusing on the tiny little problems sometimes makes it hard to see and my progress down the road might be slowed or stopped. Looking beyond all the little things doesn't make them go away, but my ability to travel is not affected.
It was like driving from the spring back into the winter. Just past Beaver, the mountains started to look misty. Then, in the bright sunshine, little flurries of snow were blowing around. All of the sudden, I was in a blizzard and could see nothing but white around me. :) I noticed that if I focused on the snow flakes, it was hard to see the road. If I looked past the snow flakes and focused on the road, my progress down the highway was not slowed at all. That made me think of my progress in life. Focusing on the tiny little problems sometimes makes it hard to see and my progress down the road might be slowed or stopped. Looking beyond all the little things doesn't make them go away, but my ability to travel is not affected.
On the drive from Salt Lake to Nephi I noticed something I had forgotten about. :) In the afternoon the sun shines on the east mountains and makes them look like they are glowing! It used to be one of my favorite things to sit outside and look at the mountains in the afternoon when I lived up in that area. :) It made the drive home wonderful despite the traffic. :) 
Last note for today....a new friend sent me an email with a quote that I just loved, so I wanted to share it.
"True love is neither physical, nor romantic. True love is an acceptance of all that is, has been, will be and will not be."
It actually gave me tingles to read that. :) I don't know who said it, but it is so true and very pertinant to my life at this present time. :) Have a beautiful day! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment