March 30, 2008

Day in the Desert

We spent the day in desert yesterday. We visited with Obaachan and Ojiichan and took a little walk to see what was growing out in the Vegas sun. This little plant was smaller than my pinky. It looks like a cactus of some kind, but as many of these that I saw, there were no big ones around.....so maybe it's just a weed. Pretty little weed. :)
I liked this flower because of the scalloped petals. It also smelled like a rose. I don't know what these are, but they grow like a blanket across the desert amongst the sage.
A little flower ball.
This flower was blooming on a cactus - I think it's the kind I have in my window....but mine has never flowered. Hmmm....maybe I'm watering mine too much.
Same type of cactus flower, but older.
If only the flowers in my yard came out with no water. :)

Obaachan and Ojiichan are looking like they are doing OK with Jerry and Laurie taking really good care of them. Obaachan just really needs some help with Ojiichan during the day. She's just not strong enough to do all she used to do for him while she is hurting. They've been getting meals on wheels that Obaachan says she is grateful for, but isn't quite what she and Ojiichan are used to eating. :) Obaachan also told me she heard that there seems to be a severe shortage of bees. She said she went out to her fruit trees and used a Q-tip to pollinate the blossoms. I think I must have always taken bees for granted. http://helpthehoneybees.com

1 comment:

CharlieJo said...

you take beautiful pictures!! i love the flowers. =o)

Post a Comment