I have two new favorite movies. :) Of course, they are kid movies, but they both have a really good message to them and were worth buying.
The first is "Meet the Robinson's". I liked it because it was about how small moments in your life can change your entire life depending on how you react to them. The villain in the movie became so because he chose to be bitter and blame his entire life's failures on one moment of one day. He dwelt on everything bad and became that. The main character discovers what is most important to him and makes the best of failure. The thing I thought was cool is that his "future" family celebrated failure as part of the learning process and toasted to it. :) If we could only learn this as children....that failure is not the end of all things, that it teaches us. :)The other new favorite is "Mister Magorium's Magic Emporium". It's just full of silliness and optimism and a
cute perspective on life. One of my favorite lines in the movie is when Mister Magorium is taken to the hospital because his store manager doesn't want him to "die". She tells the doctors a big story hoping that he'll be kept in the hospital for a long time. Mister Magorium tells the manager that her pants will catch on fire. :) Emma hasn't learned that saying yet. I think I remember us as kids saying that to each other...."liar, liar, pants on fire!" :) Where did that ever come from anyway? :)Quick forgiveness has never been one of my strong points. :) I'm starting to wonder now if I get my "feelings hurt" and hold grudges thinking it will protect me from future pain......and all it has done has alienated friends I once loved. Brigham Young said that if you take offense when offense isn't meant, you are a fool. And if you take offense when it IS meant, you are a bigger fool. :) Guess I've been a big fool for a long time. :) How do you decide to not take offense when someone hurts you? Hmmm...something to ponder on.
No comments:
Post a Comment