Good Easter Sunday! It's been a beautiful day here at work. :) It's nice and warm- the wind is not blowing, and we've only had a few runs to the hospital. We planted a garden here at work last week- tomatoes, peppers, onions, watermelon and squash. I watered the garden with the hose and studied medications with a paramedic student. It's almost time for bed....and I haven't thought very much about Easter.When I was a kid, we used to have an egg and candy hunt when we woke up Easter morning. Emma got to do that yesterday....and I'm trying to avoid having so much candy in the house, so Emma got a basket full of toys this morning. She loved it- didn't even ask for candy. :)
The celebration of Easter.....the celebration of one of the most important events in human history.....and it has been largely lost in the buying of chocolate bunnies, colorful plastic grass, and pretty baskets to hold all the goodies. :) I'd like to say I know why we celebrate Easter this way....but I don't; and I don't have the interest to look it up on the internet.
Easter, to me, is a celebration of hope. I believe that Jesus lived on this earth, died and lives again. I believe that, because of Him, we can have that same blessing some day. This is the reason that death is not sad and not final to me. There is life after this one. Maybe that's why I love the spring so much....new life springing out from the ground and from branches that look lifeless. It's hope....and faith....and love that makes all the difference.
No comments:
Post a Comment