Mom called me a couple nights ago at 10:30 pm. :) First off, Mom doesn't call me. Secondly, no one calls me after 8:00. :) Thirdly, I don't have a third thing for that. So, the first thing she says to me is this, "I don't want to alarm you or anything....". OK- so automatically I'm bracing myself for SOMETHING. :) I'm thinking the worst, but you never know when Mom calls at 10:30. :) So, Obaachan was taken to the hospital. I wasn't TOO concerned because taking people to the hospital is my life, and I don't tend to get that worked up about that kind of thing. However, it turns out that this event will be life-changing for my cute Obaachan and Ojiichan. They are the idyllic cute old couple, the ones who hold hands walking down the street and you smile and hope you'll be that cute someday in your 80's. They have taken care of each other for over 50 years. I have so many good memories of them. All I want for them is to enjoy thier golden years together with sunshine and Obaachan's garden and her little birds singing. :) I guess you never think about people needing help until they need it- and the people who love you most step in there and do what needs to be done. I guess that is what matters in the Golden Years.
Mom called me again at work yesterday from her work. She had just been on the phone with Obaachan who was at home having a hard time breathing, and wouldn't call 911. In my book, that is a true emergency. Through the skill and kindness of a girl working at my dispatch center, they were able to patch me through to the dispatch center in the city where Obaachan lives so an ambulance could get over there. Mom flew out last night to be with them and get stuff sorted out.
1 comment:
This is a comment about your last post. I just like how you find beauty in simple things. I need to become more like that. I feel trapped in my house all day long right now, but I can't wait to get out when it's nicer weather. I heard the sound of someone working outside yesterday, and it just made me soooo happy!
I need to be somewhere where it's always warm!
Post a Comment