March 13, 2008

I think Blogging is the new Journal/Scrapbook.....

An amazing orange flower I got as a teeny baby plant at Grandma T's funeral last year. It was in a basket with a bunch of others, and was starting to die. When I took it out, I noticed that it had little buds like the kind of plant you can just cut off and stick in the dirt and it will grow a new one.......sooooo.......I stuck it in a new pot by itself, and it's alive and well. :) Pretty, huh?
Another strange little plant that looks like it should be living under water....the flower that came off of it is beautiful! Don't know what it's called, just picked it up cause it was interesting. :)
A daisy? A bunch of these popped up from a pot where I threw the wasted blooms last year. :)
I think this is a purple chrysanthemum. Wow, these are such a pretty flower!
I don't know what this one is, but I love orange. It brightens up the garden and makes me happy to look at it. :)
Another one I don't know- just thought it was pretty. Flowers are amazing little creatures. :)

Do any of you still scrapbook the old fashioned way? You know, with paper and cute stickers and expensive buttons and scissors? I did up to Emma's second birthday- have a huge BOX full of pictures- then got the digital camera, so I don't print out pictures anymore!! The only problem is how to save this stuff for when you might want it later......hmmmm.


Here are some pictures of some of the new spring flowers that have popped out in my yard. There are a bunch of others I'm still waiting for- like the daffodils, which is strange since they are usually the first ones to bloom. I used birthday money to order a bunch of stuff for my flower beds and some strawberries they promise will grow as big as a peach. Yes, a peach. I'll let ya'll know how that one works out. :)


I have a couple things going on now that are pretty important in my little world. We (my boss and I) had a meeting today with our hospital liason and new medical control doc. It turned out as good as I hoped and I have some great expectations that we will move onward and upward to make our little agency one of the best in the state. Protocol changes, new medications and better patient care will hopefully attract great people to work with us- as well as make a reputation for providing excellent care to our customers. :) We ARE, afterall, in the business of taking care of people. It's such a great job!


Most of you know about the charter school I was working on last year.....and that our first draft was rejected by the state charter board. No worries- it was just a first try- and we have a chance to make it even better this next time. The problem is keeping people interested in this project since it takes time and a lot of effort. :) I still believe it will happen. I'm thinking about getting some fresh people on board, and using some ideas that the last group wasn't interested in. :) Tomorrow I'll write about my vision for the charter school. I want to muse over it tonight.


I love looking over the thoughts of all of you and finding out what's going on in your lives. :) Thanks for reading and for caring. Love you all!

1 comment:

Reba said...

What a gorgeous plant you saved from Grandmas funeral. I love it. Too bad you cant mail me a piece to grow also. I love all your cool flower pictures. I wish I had inherited a green thumb.

Post a Comment