It's been a week since I wrote, and I've missed a few events! First, Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary on the same day to Mikey and my Dad. :) They've been married....I think.....22 years. I love this picture of them. :) I remember the first time I met Mikey...it was on my birthday when I turned 6. We went out to see the Ramses exhibit at BYU, I got a cabbage patch kid, and she gave me some homemade chocolates which I got all over my hands. :) Over the years, Mikey has been more than the stereotypical step-mom. She has always set an example of giving unconditional love. She greets everyone with a smile and a hug. It seems to be her goal to make people feel good. She loves Star Wars! Last Christmas, we made her a Star Wars shirt and she made us all feel great by putting it on immediately over what she was wearing, and keeping it on all day. I'd like to thank her for the years of love and patience. :)
Then comes Joseph's birthday. :) This picture was taken at the Manti Pageant last year when he was an actor in it. Joe Joe graduated last month....I got the announcement the day after it happened! :) I thought it was next year. I guess I need to be more into what is going on! Uncle Joe Joe (as Emma calls him) has done many plays and is known to be able to read a whole Harry Potter book in less than a day. :) He could read any book in less than a day...I just say Harry Potter because those books are so big. Joseph doesn't have his driver's license yet...and he couldn't care less. I'm not surprised Joe Joe ended up being so good at acting. He and Jacob used to make up songs and dances that would make the whole family laugh. There are a few I still remember: "There's a 5 on a 3", "There's a horse pooping everywhere", and the songs that were made for each siblings name. :) We need to record those somewhere so we can have a good laugh later. Father's Day was Sunday. :) I appreciate my Dad for so many reasons- most recently for the good talks and perspective that have helped my attitude. :) Dad just finished his latest book which I thought was inspiring. :) Can't wait to get the published copy!
2 comments:
Ok, so the songs with every siblings name....that was me! :) They better not be taking the credit for that one! :)
I made the "5 on 3" one I believe, Joseph made the Horse one =P
Post a Comment