Got off my 36 hour shift yesterday morning and came home to a hot house. When I'm home, I usually open the windows early in the morning to let the cooler air in. DJ hates windows being open, so the house was all stuffy and hot. My whole 36 hour shift was busy. Lots of heat emergencies and people crashing on their various motorized vehicles. We were out at the lake several times- and it was 111 degrees with a nice hot wind. :) So I kept going from air-conditioned vehicle to hot sand to air-conditioned vehicle to hot asphalt....and on and on. You get the point. This is the time of year I don't cook anything on the stove or in the oven. We either cook on the BBQ or in the microwave and have lots of home made snow cones. I love Mondays. :) It always feels like a renewal to do a deep clean of the house and spend a couple hours out in the garden. Spent my time in the garden this morning dead heading all the flowers. I only learned this a couple of years ago- that cutting the wilted blossoms off of a flowering plant will promote more flowering and stimulate root growth. Found some new friends in the garden this morning too......black widows. :) The only spider I'm truly afraid of!!!
Happy Hot Summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment