It is born into us....the desire to sell Lemonade by the side of the road. The wind was blowing this day- so you can't see the sign Emma made for her lemonade stand. She wanted me to write, "Lemonade Sale- FREE". She learned to pour it without spilling very much and it was a big hit in our neighborhood. I wasn't allowed to sit by her while she sold her lemonade....so I just watched from the window, but at one point I saw at least 4 'customers' around her little table. :) Grandpa gave her a quarter for her 1 oz cup of lemonade; then Emma wanted me to change the sign.....well, she thought about it for a minute, then decided FREE was better. She even gave ME a cup for free. :)The person you see in the background of this picture is a friend who opened up a dog poo scooping business. It is SO worth it to me to pay someone to do this!!! She comes every other week and it's only $10!
Emma's logic lately has been so funny. If she wants to say something, everyone else better be quiet and let her speak- or she will announce to the world, "HEY, I'M TALKING!!!" She has also started saying this fun phrase that I thought would come when she was more like 11 or 12...."I'm never talking to you again." Never lasts about 6 seconds. I wonder what little kid taught her that.
We found a really fun park in the city next to ours that has a splash pad right in the middle of it. Whenever we go, there are always a million kids getting soaked. It's a concrete pad with big plastic trees and pipes that spray water. I think all the water gets recycled- and it smells like chlorine, so it seems pretty safe. Emma's tan is darker than mine now. :) She can't wait to show Bubba- she says Bubba will be super jealous! :) There is a rumor our city is planning on putting a park like this in the vacant lot next door to our house- wouldn't that be great?
We went to see the Sound of Music last night. It ended up that 3 kids from our ward are in it- so Emma was excited to see them after the show. It was opening night, the house was packed and we got front row seats. It was a great show! We all slept in this morning since the show didn't end until 11:30.
Emma's friend that played the youngest child in the show. Emma said she can't wait until she gets to be in a play. :)We went to dinner before the play to Emma's favorite, Golden Corral. She likes it because she can have pizza, mashed potatoes with gravy and ice cream all at the same place. Whenever we go there, DJ gets all meat because he wants to 'get his money's worth'. Emma usually LOVES to eat meat. She ate a piece of steak from DJ's plate and announced loudly, "I'm eating a cow!" That somehow brought up the topic of DJ wanting to go on the deer hunt this year. I said I didn't care if he went as long as I didn't have to see any of the blood or the raw meat near the house. Emma asked if he was going to kill a deer. Then she got a betrayed look on her face and said she was never going to eat an animal again. I don't know how long that's going to last. Oh, DJ traumatized Emma last week when he took her fishing. He let her play with the worms and name them- then he let her see him tear them up and impale them on the fish hook. She was inconsolable for an hour after that since he had just killed her 'friend worms'.
While we were at Golden Corral, we ran into a guy we both knew in college. He got married pretty soon after us. The normal conversation ensued.....where are you working now, how many kids do you have, etc. Most people our age who got married around the same time have 3 or 4 kids by now. They are always surprised when all we have is one...with no plans to have more. That reminds me of the other day when Emma asked me again if she could have a baby sister. She said Hannah Montana wants a baby sister, and she does too. :) I figure she's old enough to talk to her logically, so I told her my body can't have any more babies so I felt lucky to have just one baby I love. DJ's friend, Paul, asked Emma either that same day or the day after our little conversation if she was going to have a baby brother or sister any time soon. Emma responded by saying, "My mom will DIE if she has another baby, Paul!" I guess it was pretty funny- wish I could have been there to see the look on his face. :)
One more funny thing Emma has started this last week: She'll ask me or DJ to turn her on a show on TV. We'll ask her to go get the remote. She'll throw herself on the floor and loudly protest, "Why do I have to do EVERYTHING? You make me do EVERYTHING!" It really makes me laugh.
Summer is going to be fun for us. We are going to see a bunch of summer concerts and lots of Emma- sized hikes. :)
2 comments:
Kids are so funny, huh?! I love the comments Emma made, especially, "I'm eating a COW!" Reminds me of myself saying to Mikey as a four year old, "I don't eat dead animals!" :)
OH GOSH!!!! I can't wait to see how dark emma is compared to me now!!!
Post a Comment