June 20, 2008

It's Official....

Summer is here in Southern Utah. Our days now are 100 degrees or more. (After 100, you can't really tell the difference anyway) 104 or 111, it's just hot. Not too bad though if you have some water and you're not doing any hard labor. :) Everything is growing well and I am watering every other day now instead of weekly. I'll have to go and take some pictures of all the gardens now- they are a lot different from when I posted pictures in the early spring.

Today is treat day. :) We don't USUALLY have any kind of treats in the house during the week. Why? I eat them all!!! Friday and Saturday we allow ourselves to make a treat or go get ice cream. In our house, it's usually brownies. Emma said she wants to make smoothies today.

We ran 10 miles this morning down the canyon. As always, the first 2 miles I was wishing I hadn't dragged my butt out of bed at 4am. By mile 6, I was glad we were out. By mile 10, grateful for the desert breeze and the good friends who run with me. If not for them, I wouldn't do it. I'd find silly excuses or say was too tired. Judy doesn't let me use those excuses. She's the kind of friend who knows I'll be grateful at the end, so she pushes me to do more than I think I can. She is a truly great friend. :)
I think we have 13 weeks left until the SG marathon. I'm not setting a time goal for myself....finishing is enough, although I'll be happy to beat last year's time. :) (No, I'm not telling what it was either)

I spent most of the day yesterday looking at curriculum examples for the charter school. I found one that looked pretty good- called Artful Learning- that incorporates all the arts into the every day teaching. Exactly what I want. I keep saying I- it's not me alone who will pull this off ultimately, but I am the only one working on it right now. I figure I'll make a good plan and recruit the people who like it. Things can be tweaked, but it will still be the school that I dreamed about. :) By next month, I hope to have the board together and have our first official open meeting.


No comments:

Post a Comment