June 28, 2008

The Theatre was packed....

for the opening of Wall-E. I'm sad to say I didn't like it. I'm not a huge fan of movies that are supposed to tug at your heart strings by painting a picture of the terrible mess we, as humans, will eventually make of the earth. I don't want to ruin it for those who haven't seen it yet, or those who may like it, but it was very unbelievable. I know, I know....it's a cartoon.....it's not supposed to be anything close to reality. :) It had a couple of cute parts- and Wall-E's personality was endearing. In stark contrast to my feelings about Kung Fu Panda, Wall- E is not a movie I'll be going out of my way to watch again.

In my mind, the movies that change the world....persuade us as humans to take care of the earth and ourselves.....are the ones that are uplifting and show the beauty of the world around us. I know there are atrocities happening all over the world and that we need to conserve our natural resources. No one has to tell this tree hugger to love the earth......but it is far more persuasive to me to show me the good side, the way it hopefully will be. Fear is never a good tool, in any respect. That's my 2 cents.

Over the last couple days my brain has been flooded with gossip, and I'm looking for a way to swim out. It's hard for me to listen to people talking negatively about other people- I try hard to stay away from it because it is SO easy to get sucked in and start playing the game yourself. I feel the same way about the news- they feed off of the negativity in people's lives. Could we help each other out and give each other some kind of peace by not passing on negative stories- whether they are true or not? There has been a tragic event happen in the life of someone close- and everyone has their opinion about it. Heck, I've got mine too. I just wish I had never heard about it in the first place. It has absolutely no effect on my life except for the voice inside me that is glad it didn't happen to me. This person, who is now the topic of conversation, most likely never wanted me or anyone else to know of their circumstance. I am hoping to clear my head today.


No comments:

Post a Comment