June 12, 2008

Work is fun.....no, REALLY!


It's a beautiful morning here in the desert and I'm in the mood to sing. Unfortunately, that means all the guys at work will have to put up with me bursting into song at random. The song I can't get out of my head today is....Gold-digger by Kanye West. I just woke up with it in my head and I might have heard it on the radio on the way to run this morning. At any rate....they'll all be singing it by days end. Moooowhaa ha ha ha ha. (that's my evil laugh) :)

I have been getting sick over the last 2 weeks- but I think its at its worst today. I've got the shingles again and a severely stuffy nose. At least I'm up and around. I think it helps to be up early to meditate and run in the morning breeze. :) It's always hard to drag myself out of bed- but I'm always glad after we run a few miles. Judy and Mandy found a new running trail around the lake and through a new subdivision. It's beautiful and there are very few cars early in the morning when we're out.

I was asked to help teach a HazMat medic class in August. I'm excited for the topic because it's what I love.....but I am not a good lecturer. I don't know how I'm going to it. Teaching one on one isn't bad- but this is a large group. When I took this class, it was medics, nurses, pharmacists and doctors. How in the heck can I lecture a group like that? I'm sure it will be a good learning experience.

Also, got promoted yesterday to Lieutenant over EMS at my agency. I'm grateful for the opportunity. I work with the greatest people! I am usually laughing MOST of the day at work because we all enjoy hanging out and telling gross stories ABOUT work to eachother. If you know me, I laugh easily at potty humor.....and that's about 70% what we talk about. :)

The charter school is back on track. I had a great meeting with some developers last week and some new people excited about helping on the board!

Life is Good!

No comments:

Post a Comment