December 22, 2008

Cajun Santa

We ran into Santa unexpectedly at Bass Pro Shop in Las Vegas this weekend. :) Emma wanted to talk to him and make sure he was going to bring her dollhouse. He had a really neat southern accent that reminded me of the deep Louisiana south. :) He told Emma she would be getting her dollhouse if she kept being a good girl (luckily, I am 100% positive that will happen). Emma asked me why his beard was short if it was long last time she saw him.......I told her that when it gets close to Christmas, he has to trim it so it won't get caught on stuff or burned up in the chimneys. Then she asked me what would happen if Santa's magic ran out and he got stuck in our wall.....I couldn't think of an answer for that one. About a week ago when I wasn't sure about the dollhouse, I told Emma that I got an email from Santa that he wasn't sure he could fit her dollhouse on the sleigh, but that he would have an elf bring it by a few days after Christmas. The Bass Pro Santa told Emma that she better be good because I had his email and text. :) Smart guy. :)

We went down to see Obaachan and Ojiichan. It was good to see them. I want to go see them every chance we get. :) I brought a plant for Obaachan, and she sent me home with two. :)

I had to put this one in because her face was so expressive. :) We built as many snowmen as we could before we got too cold to move. :) The snow was PERFECT for rolling. :) Once they were all built, Emma wanted to take a picture with each one of them. This one on the end she wanted to have a fight with....so this is her punching Mr. Snowman. :)
This Mr. Snowman was her friend...she gave him a hug. :) The only thing we had around for faces was olives. You can't see it, but Emma drew smiles for all of them with her finger. She also got a cup of snow with lemonade on top for a treat. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment