December 15, 2008

I met her :)

Yes. I met DJ's new girlfriend. I guess it's not my place to give her a title since I don't know what they are calling each other...the new woman in his life. :)

He brought her over to meet his parents when he dropped Emma off yesterday. He seemed in a hurry to leave...more than usual, and parked down the street rather than in front of my house like he usually does. I'll admit I was curious just based on those two things. :) When he left, I asked Emma how her day had been and she said she had just gone to lunch with daddy's girlfriend and they were at grandma's house right now. :) I ran out the door, caught DJ on the sidewalk and asked if I could meet her. I figured that I would break the ice and put it out there that I want to be her friend.

So, I went. It may have been one of the hardest things I've ever done, but I'm glad I did it. She is beautiful and has a beautiful child. :) I told her I want to be her friend and gave her a hug and found out her name. I could tell I was making DJ uncomfortable, so I made a quick exit amid nervous laughter. :)

I thought about it that experience all night. Here is my conclusion. I am so very happy to see him with a nice, pretty girl where he has the chance to have what was not possible for him with me. I hope lots of good things for them. And, as I said before, whether it turns out to be her or another girl in the future that he ultimately marries again, I want to be friends with her. I talked with Emma and we discussed that it is ok for her to like daddy's girlfriends....that no one will replace me as her mom, just as no one I date will ever replace her dad.

Thank God for good chances to learn and good friends to be understanding as I work through this process of life. :) This experience taught me that God loves me and gives me courage and strength that is beyond my own. Also, that every soul deserves happiness and we can rejoice in that thought.

Namaste friends. :)

2 comments:

Amber and fam said...

You are brave! I don't know if I could do something like that. I admire your courage and strength. I am grateful for you example. I really look up to you!

Anonymous said...

I agree with everything Amber said.

Post a Comment