December 13, 2008

Who is Me?

I'll let you know when I find out. :)

I read a quote about how you don't really "find" yourself....because you are constantly "creating" yourself. I liked it because it rings true to my spirit.

I went through a period of time after DJ moved out where I felt very liberated by the freedom to do just what I wanted with not a soul to tell me no. A lot like a teenager going to college and moving out of the parents house....only I stayed at home and I have a 5 year old. :) Meaning just that I ate what I wanted, slept when I wanted, stayed awake when I wanted, read the books I wanted and watched the shows I wanted. OK- I watched the shows Emma wanted....but when she went to bed, dang it, I watched MY shows! :)

I am now going through a time of feeling a little lonely. I've asked my divorced friends, and this is normal. Whew! :) I feel grateful to have so many truly good friends- and I can't complain about anything really....it's just a process that takes time....and I am in the midst of the process.

So, I'm "creating" myself....day by day, thought by thought. I'm imagining this process like sculpting a huge piece of marble. I've got my chisels laid out, some big ones....and some for the fine details. I also have hammers. The ground around me is littered with chunks of marble and whitened with fine dust. I'm standing back now to critique my sculpture....my brow is furrowed, right eyebrow raised, lips pursed......hmmm. This sculpture does not look at all like what I thought it would. It looks like a big rock. Wait a second....what did I WANT this rock to look like? I'll keep working on it. :)

Namaste friends :)

1 comment:

Reba said...

I love this post! I have to give a talk soon about spiritual goal setting and this was the perfect thing to read to get my mind working and thinking. As always... thank you for sharing. You are amazing to me.

Post a Comment