December 12, 2008

This is my Christmas Card :)

Here we are 13 days from Christmas Day, and I just started thinking about neighbor gifts and Christmas cards yesterday. Those who have internet access....this is your Christmas card from me! :) Those who don't....you won't be reading this....and I hope I can actually get Christmas cards out in time. I'm crossing my fingers. :)

Feel free to look at my blog if you want to know details of what's gone on with us this year.

For those who don't have time to scan through, I'll give a summary. :)

The biggest life change for me is that I am now a single mom. Me and Emma are staying in the house. DJ will be buying house nearby sometime very soon.

Work has been exciting this year! I've been involved with some great pediatric teams, lots of teaching and precepting students, and training for the department. I'll say it again....I LOVE my job! I am so lucky to have a job I love! Working with such wonderful people in a job where we are serving those who need us....it's ALMOST always rewarding. :)

The charter school project is still on it's way...in the last 2 months there have been some great steps taken in its progress, and I can actually see it coming out of my mind into reality. :) We now have a full board with a non-profit corporation behind us. I hope that one year from now I can report progress on the building of our charter school for the arts with the hiring of initial staff members! :) 3 years ago, I started having dreams about this school and I wanted it to happen RIGHT NOW. :) I watched a show just today about the building of the Sydney Opera House....it took 14 years! Sometimes dreams don't happen over night....but they can still happen!!

Emma is taking dance and piano classes. She has such natural ability as a dancer....it is amazing and entertaining!!! She also wants to learn to play the violin- I just have to find a good teacher. Emma calls everyone her best friend and she is truly my best friend. :) I try to post her funny comments every time I remember....so keep coming back to check out that space here on the blog. It's on the right hand side as your scroll down.

Our 3 dogs are still here- but they are too much for me to handle...so I am trying to sell at least one if not two of them. Let me know if you are interested. :)

Above all, I am grateful this year for everything...the good and the not so good. :) I've learned and will continue to learn. We have all we need, plus we are happy! :) One of the best things I learned this year was when Emma asked me what it means to be rich....and we decided that we ARE rich. :)

Merry Christmas everyone!

Namaste

1 comment:

Mikey said...

What a beautiful Christmas card! You are both so beautiful and I can't wait until Christmas to see you both. You are in my prayers and my heart always. Mikey/mom

Post a Comment