February 6, 2009

Annie Auditions :)

Emma had her very first audition yesterday. :) She has been asking me since we saw our first play together if she could please audition for something. I got on the email list for Tuacahn, and found out about this one a couple months ago. She practiced two songs and we took a very cute headshot. The open kids call was from 4-8 yesterday. I thought we might be one of just a couple people there showing up about 5 minutes before 4. I was wrong! :) The line already had about 100 kids with their parents in it. :) This little girl was Emma's age, standing in line just in front of us. They became best friends, and it made the 2 hour wait a lot more bearable for Emma. :)
The line behind us was about 100 kids also. I don't know how many spots they are trying to fill, but we heard they would call us if she gets a "callback". Here is Emma in the waiting area, doing the splits, practicing her songs.
This is when they called her number to audition. Parents weren't allowed to watch, but she got to go in with 3 other girls. She sang "Castle on a Cloud" from Les Mis.
Here she is coming out of the audition. :) I was the only parent there with a camera. :) She said she wasn't even nervous and she said the director asked all the other girls to sing louder, but not her. :) She was excited to do it- and wether she gets a part or not, it was a good experience for her. :)

Namaste

4 comments:

Awesome LaTerry said...

Yay for Annie! Dad and I are in that here, how interesting that they are doing it there as well.
Go Emma!

Mikey said...

Annie seems to be the play this year. We are all praying for Emma and we are so grateful that she has such an awesome mommy!

The Childs said...

I hope she gets a part. All little girls have dreams and I want to see them all come true!

Meghan said...

Go Emma! I hope she makes it! She is so cute. she is so confident for a little girl, i was never like that! I love it:)

Post a Comment