The new year started us out with a brand new schedule for work...it's the ABC schedule, meaning we are scheduled out for the rest of the time we work here. We work every 3rd day, which basically adds 2 more days per month that we have to work than we did before. There are some good things about it...I have no question as to what my schedule will be next month or 5 years from now, and a few hours of overtime each paycheck. :) We are also allowed to trade when we need to. So far, with trades, I've been able to keep working about like I did before, one weekday and one weekend day to keep things easier for babysitting and Emma being in school. We also started the new year with some added benefits, thanks to our new Chief, that we should have had all along...but I am still really grateful we have them now. :) Our vacation time, holiday time and sick time is now a lot more fair- more based on the hours we work than what other city workers do. My new list item is this...keeping track of the hours the city owes me so I don't get screwed. :) JK, but really, we have a new payroll person, and they haven't given us the right hours yet. :) Hopefully soon. It's only February.
I didn't hear much about Groundhog day this year. Emma came home from school and said the groundhog saw it's shadow. Dang.
I'm going outside to play in the greenhouse. :)
Namaste
No comments:
Post a Comment