February 1, 2009

Go, My Favorite Sports Team, Go!

This is only an audio CD....so I couldn't find the clip on YouTube; but those who know Brian Regan well, know the bit about the broken car horn. :D I was thinking about that snippet today in association with this being SuperBowl Sunday. I don't know who is playing or what time it starts, nor do I care....but a lot of people DO CARE....so, in honor of those....I hope your favorite sports team "beats their opponents soundly", in the words of Brian Regan. :)

I have been having the strangest dreams lately. One was about me having to take my child to a religious meeting where I knew she would have to be sacrificed. In the dream, I knew lots of families who's children had been sacrificed, and it was "my turn". At the last minute, I asked why? Others in the crowd backed me up and also asked why. I remember distinctly the face of the religious leader as he sat in a folding metal chair, looked up at the crowd, and answered that years ago his wife thought it would be a good idea- and no one had ever questioned it. I was sobbing in my dream...thankful that my child was safe and full of grief for those who had not been saved. That dream has a lot of meaning for me right now. I woke up and was grateful to see my child deep in her own dreams beside me. I think part of that dream came from a book I read. It asked what you would be willing to give back to God....like, would you be willing to give everything back if He asked? The author asked, "even your child?" The thought is terrifying, but one I thought about all day long. Abraham was asked to sacrifice his only son. Would I really have the faith to do that? In theory, I'd like to say that I would....but if it came down to actually losing my precious child....would I be willing? Or would I fight and refuse to accept it? Would I have the faith that God has a plan and that this child He blessed me with would be ok? And not just to something as obvious as sacrifice...but illness, accident, or anything else that happens in this world? I thought about how we, as parents, have such a fierce love for our children....and that God must have given us this kind of gift to teach us how much he loves us. Who of us that have one child or 10 or more wouldn't give everything we have for them? Who doesn't want all that is good in the world for their child? Who wouldn't give their life so their child wouldn't suffer? I have to believe then that, if we have such strong feelings as humans, that God must have such love for us.

The book was one that was loaned to me one day last week by a good friend at work. I have to thank him. Thank you, Deward! The book is called "The Dream Giver". Deward and I have lots of good conversations on the way back from the hospital...and he told me I needed to take a look at this book. I opened it and read the first 3 pages before I left work. Then I read it while I ran on the treadmill when I got home and couldn't put it down for the rest of the day. It was inspiring! I love people who have the gift of words! I bought 10 copies of the book today so I can share them like Deward did for me. :)

Namaste friends :)

No comments:

Post a Comment