February 14, 2009

Happy Love Day?

I was at work the last 24 hours, and I heard more commercials and news stories against Valentines Day than for it. :) The most I hear FOR it were commercials on last minute gifts you could still buy online. I had to laugh....and then I remembered my attitude about this wonderful holiday last year. Love Bites Although my views have changed somewhat in a years time....I still think this holiday is over-commercialized and not as fun as it used to be when I was a kid. As I packed Valentine treats and cards into Emma's backpack for her school party, I remembered how much fun it was to celebrate Valentines Day in elementary school. :) We made pretty boxes and looked through all the cards to see if our "crush" had signed the Flintstone's paper Valentine card himself.....ahhhh, young love. :)

In high school it was all about having a date for Valentines Day. I remember only two Valentines Days in high school: on one I was asked out by a guy who was in choir with me....on that day. I didn't even know him very well, but I remember we had a really fun time...he got me a piece of chocolate and we went to Zuka juice at the Wilkinson Center at BYU. :) The other one I remember was when I had broken up with a boyfriend the day before Valentines...my Dad must have been paying attention, because I remember waking up to find a Valentine gift from Dear Old Dad on my pillow. :)

This year I feel love in many ways, mostly in the form of being blessed with love in my life from many people.....but I don't need a holiday to express or to feel that love to those who mean the world to me. :) Since it's here, though......happy love day to you all. I really love you and I hope the fact that I didn't send a card or buy you chocolates doesn't make you doubt my love at all. :)

Namaste friends :)

Numbered List

No comments:

Post a Comment