Big Cedar Lodge
We stayed a night at the Big Cedar Lodge so we didn't have to go home only to wake up and drive back to Branson the next morning. It's apparently owned by the same people who own Bass Pro shops. We'd like to go back and spend a week there...maybe a family reunion sometime. It was a beautiful place. Here is Emma in the lobby playing with lincoln logs. So, we ended up playing 2 days at "Steal Your Dollar City"....Odell reminded us. :) I hadn't heard that since probably the last time I was there 10 years ago. :) They do have multiple opportunities for you to spend your money there. :) We also took a tour of the Marvel cave- I did not know that Silver Dollar City was built because people waiting for the cave tour needed something to do while they were waiting. Now very few people know the cave is there compared to the theme park that sits above it. I took a few pictures down inside, and all you can see is orbs really. They tell you before you go down to use the bathroom since you'll be inside the cave over an hour and it's not easy to get out. One of the punk teenage tour guides said that if anyone complained they had to use the bathroom once they were down there, he would hook them up to the AED and shock them. What a maroon (in the words of Bugs Bunny).
The cottage we stayed in had a cute little loft. Here is the view from the loft. :) It honestly did scare me the first time I noticed it. :) Mom also introduced Cory and I to Reliv while we were there. I had taken it before on and off- but Mom took us to one of her meetings and also made us shakes twice a day. Her shakes tasted way better than what I had made at home. :) Anyways, by the end of the week, Cory's nose pain that he had for months was completely gone, my ear itchiness was gone and we felt really good. We were sold on the goodness of what Reliv could do for us and for our friends.
Cute little cottage. :) It turned very cold the day after the rain. Lucky for us, "Steal Your Dollar City" has lots of hats, scarves, coats and such to buy. :)
The whole property at the lodge was beautiful. Even the road to get to our cottage had this stream running across it. This picture is while we are driving through the stream. :)
One day, I want to be organized enough to make cute decorations like these. We thought it was funny that all the hay bales we saw were growing grass out of them, since it rains nearly every day. I love the fall! We got some great ideas for the wedding next fall with all the great stuff we saw in Missouri. :)
Namaste
No comments:
Post a Comment