November 7, 2009

Lamberts....

...Home of the Throwed Rolls. Mom said I went there when I was younger, but I don't remember it. :) I've read posts from old Springfield friends talking about Lamberts and thought it sounded like fun. We went one night for dinner and it was one of the best dinners out that we had. Someone PLEASE make a Lamberts restaurant close to us!
I told Mom and Odell to scooch in together so I could take a picture and they knocked heads. :) Isn't this a cute picture?
Here they are for a second try after we all had a good laugh. :)
So, Lamberts is a place where you make your order...but then they have people walking around with big bowls of stuff to offer you as extras. Whenever they have fresh rolls, they walk around saying, "Hot Roll"- and if you hold your hand up, they throw it to you. :) Cory and Emma were so excited about this, Emma seriously ate 4 rolls. Cory probably ate that many as well. :) He was our catcher. The other things they offered were fried okra, fried potatoes, macaroni and tomatoes and fried apples....typing it sounds less healthy to me than I remembered. :) It was all SO GOOD! We walked out so full, but excited to come back. :) Oh, their other thing at Lamberts is that they will bring you unlimited all you can eat, but you can't take seconds or thirds home with you. When we left, they gave us some tinfoil to take our rolls home in. :)
I loved this picture of Emma because her smile is now changing daily. She lost those two front teeth last year, and I was worried they weren't going to come back. :) They started as little bumps in her gums about 2 months ago, and have been slowly pushing out every day. The day we left, I could see a little tiny white piece poking out. Now she has about half an inch of both of those cute front teeth. She also lost one tooth while we were there, just yanked it out and handed it to me. :) Since the toothfairy lives close to Grandma's house, Emma was able to get a special treat because the toothfairy didn't have to fly very far to deliver it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment