November 28, 2009

Eeyore revisited

I already blogged about the making of this costume. I just wanted to show how cute she was on her first Halloween. :) Wow, so long ago. I feel really lucky to be the mom of such a great kid. She is constantly teaching me things and I love being her mom.
Emma got to try out her Eeyore costume several different times this year. :) She first wore it to a friend's birthday party. She modified the idea a few times....You were probably wondering why Eeyore was flying and when he grew wings. That wasn't in the original books, I know. Emma decided that she wanted to be a "flying donkey" like the ones in Shrek. If you haven't seen Shrek 2, they are the offspring of the donkey dad and dragon mom.
I have been made fun of for keeping fabric scraps....but I want you all to know that I kept enough fabric "scraps" from her very first Eeyore costume to make this year's Eeyore/flying donkey costume!!! The only thing I had to buy was a zipper! Emma doesn't like me to say "I told you so".....so I'll just say, I knew those scraps would be useful for something someday. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment